Introductory Python Curriculum
The goal of the beginning programming camp is to imbue learners with a strong foundation in programming skills, exposing learners to common programming patterns that can be leveraged to further the exploration of Python or will make applying similar concepts in other languages a breeze. Many of the topics will be covered in the context of creating simple computer games with actual code.
- File and computer management concepts
- Common command line interactions
- How programs work and how to write code
- Common patterns, variables, control structures, data and data structures
- Testing and Debugging
- structures, branching, looping, etc.
- Concepts in algorithm development
- Procedural and Functional programming
- Introductory Object-oriented programming
- How to write (relatively simple) computer games
- Where to go for next steps